Primera Introduces DP-4200 Series Disc Publishers
New automated disc duplicators and printers make it fast and easy to make multiple copies of CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray™ Discs
Plymouth, MN, USA – Primera Technology, Inc., one of the world’s leading manufacturers of specialty digital printers, today announced its new DP-4200 Series Disc Printers and Disc Publishers.
Starting at just € 1649 MSRP, DP-4200 Series printers and disc publishers automate the process of burning and printing quantities of recordable CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. Using built-in robotics, discs are transported one at a time into either single or dual optical drives. After data is burned, the discs are transported to a high-speed, high-resolution full-colour disc printer. The process repeats itself for up to 100 discs per job.
The DP-4200 Series features the latest in inkjet printing technology. Just one ink cartridge needs to be replaced instead of four tanks for CMYK, simplifying operation and on-going maintenance. This is especially important in applications such as PACS/DICOM systems in hospitals, police car video archival and other mission-critical applications where running out of even one colour of ink shuts down the entire process. It also makes it easier to maintain just a single SKU instead of four as on previous models from Primera and others.
Despite the decrease in sales to consumers of physical discs containing pre-recorded music or movies, optical media continues to thrive in a host of varied applications. Just a few include military, law enforcement, courts and government, churches, schools and universities, hospitals for PACS/DICOM, recording and video production studios, television stations, archival and much more.
“Users of optical media now have another great range of rugged, automated disc publishers available to them,” said Mark D. Strobel, Primera’s vice president of sales and marketing. “We believe that Primera has sold more disc publishers than any company in the history of the business. DP-4200 Series will continue that tradition in a wide variety of applications where performance and reliability along with an affordable machine and supplies cost are important.”
Features of the new DP-4200 Series include:
- USB 3.0 – delivers the fastest possible recording speeds on CD-R, DVD-R and BD-R media
- One high-yield, tri-color ink cartridge – delivers low ink cost per disc
- 4800 dpi print quality
- Compatible with Windows 7/10+ and Mac OS X 10.7 (or higher)
Pricing and Availability
Nine models are available (all MSRP prices):
- DP-4200 AutoPrinter: 100-disc capacity for print-only applications € 1649
- DP-4052 Disc Publisher: 50-disc capacity and one high-speed CD/DVD drive € 2095
- DP-4052 Blu Disc Publisher: 50-disc capacity and one high-speed CD/DVD/BD drive € 2549
- DP-4201 Disc Publisher: 100-disc capacity and one high-speed CD/DVD drive € 2495
- DP-4201 Blu Disc Publisher: 100-disc capacity and one high-speed CD/DVD/BD drive € 2895
- DP-4202 Disc Publisher: 100-disc capacity and two high-speed CD/DVD drives € 2695
- DP-4202 Blu Disc Publisher: 100-disc capacity, two high-speed CD/DVD/BD drives € 3195
- DP-4202 XRP: 100-disc capacity, two high-speed CD/DVD drives, rack mount € 3095
- DP-4202 XRP Blu: 100-disc capacity, two high-speed CD/DVD/BD drives, rack mount € 4095
DP-4200 Series Disc Publishers and AutoPrinters are available now from Primera’s resellers and distributors worldwide.
About Primera Technology
Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, Primera Technology, Inc. is a leading developer and manufacturer of specialty printing equipment including full-color label printers and CD/DVD/BD duplication and printing equipment. Its products are sold in more than 200 countries and have been installed at more than 85 percent of Fortune 100 companies.
More information about Primera, its history and products is available on the Internet at dtm-print.eu or Contact DTM Print in Germany by phone at +49 611 927770, by FAX at +49 611 9277750 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to Editors: Primera is a registered trademark of Primera Technology, Inc. in Europe. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies. Primera Technology EUROPE is an independent company called DTM Print GmbH. Primera Europe is under contract with Primera to provide sales and support for Primera products under the name Primera Technology Europe.