Frequently Asked Questions Foil Imprinting Systems from DTM Print
1. What are the main differences between the two foil imprinting systems from DTM Print?
- Media Width:
- FX510e/FX510ec: The media width is from 25.4 mm (1”) up to 118 mm (4.64”).
- FX810e/FX810ec: The media width is from 108 mm (4”) up to 255 mm (10”).
- Print Width:
- FX510e/FX510ec: The maximum print width is 105.7 mm (4.16”).
- FX810e/FX810ec: The maximum print width is 219.5 mm (8.64”).
- Print Length:
- FX510e/FX510ec: The maximum print length is up to 792 mm (30”).
- FX810e/FX810ec: The maximum print length is up to 1016 mm (40”).
- Supply Media Roll:
Internal: 25.4 - 76.2 mm (1” - 3”) ID core with max. 127 mm (5”) OD
External: 25.4 - 76.2 mm (1” - 3”) ID core with max. 254 mm (10”) OD
- FX810e/FX810ec: 38.1 - 76.2 mm (1.5” - 3”) ID core with max. 254 mm (10”) OD
- Ribbon Width:
- FX510e/FX510ec print with a max. 110 mm (4.33”) wide ribbon
- FX810e/FX810ec print with a max. 220 mm (8.66”) wide ribbon
Both print with a print speed of up to 101.6 mm (4”) per second.
2. What is the average cost per label and how many labels can you print per ribbon?
It doesn’t make a difference if you print an entire label or only small elements. Everything that counts for the cost per label is the size of the label and the gap between two labels. If you have this information you can easily calculate how many labels you can print with one ribbon and then you can figure out the cost per label.
You have a 4” x 3” (101.6 x 76.2 mm) label and you want to print with a gold ribbon (110 mm x 200 m), the gap between two labels is 3 mm.
In this scenario you can print around 2,525 labels with one ribbon. After that you have to divide the price of a ribbon by the number of labels per ribbon. So a label would cost around 0,013 €.
If you need any help, please don’t hesitate to contact us! Please call sales at +49 611 927770 or email to email@example.com
3. Which printers offer a built-in label cutter?
The models FX510ec and FX810ec have a built in guillotine cutter.
4. What operating systems do these printers support?
FX510e: Windows 7/10+, OS X 10.9
FX810e: Windows 7/10+
5. What is the highest resolution each printer is capable of printing?
Both can print with a resolution of 300 dpi.
6. Do the printers come with software to design my labels?
Windows users have the possibility to download our basic design programs NiceLabel Free 2019 DTM Edition from our DTM Print Website. It allows you to import graphics, logos, etc. and add elements like bar codes. You can also design your labels in a full featured design program, save them as high-resolution .jpg, .tiff, .bmp, .png or .pdf files and use our software to arrange them onto your label stock and print. Or, you can print directly out of your own graphic design software such Adobe Illustrator as long as that software allows you to change the page sizes to the sizes of your labels.
7. Does these printers do barcodes?
Yes it’s possible with NiceLabel Free 2019 DTM Edition which includes just about every barcode font used in business and industry world-wide, including 2D bar codes. Also any other graphic software which supports creation of barcodes can be used.
8. Do I have to buy my labels and ribbons from you?
No, you are free to purchase them from any manufacturer you choose. But please keep in mind to always test them first. All of our DTM Print label materials were tested and therefore are certified for the use with FX510e and FX810e. We also recommend to use our ribbons for printing with the DTM Print foil printers as they are certified as well.
9. Are any of your printers Ethernet or WLAN capabable?
Yes, the FX810e/FX810ec can be connected via USB 2.0 or through Ethernet 10/100. If you require WLAN connection we offer a dedicated print server on request for your projects.
10. I have more questions. How can I get them answered?
Please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us. Have a look on our website dtm-print.eu, call sales at +49 611 927770 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
11. Who is DTM Print?
DTM Print, a company of the DTM Group, is an international OEM and solution provider based in Germany and pioneer in speciality printing and with over 32 years of experience in developing individual printing services. Beside own products, the company works closely with well-known manufacturers to provide the best possible printing solution. DTM Print sells these products and services through authorised resellers and distributors in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.